Ways to Ensure Your Wedding Doesn't Cause You Debt
rebuild your worth, book a free consultation todayBook Now
By Bromwich+Smith Staff | 496 words | Reading Time:2 minutes and 28 seconds | Date: 2022/07/22
There is undoubtedly something unique and magnificent about weddings. Therefore, it is not surprising that now as you start to plan for it you will want to make it as memorable as possible.
The first part of your plan should be determining your budget. Weddings can be quite costly so start saving money, take advantage of available discounts, if necessary, ask your friends and relatives for support. And last but not least, you may want to consider taking out a loan to help with wedding expenses if need be.
To help ensure your wedding doesn’t cause you financial stress or incur debt we have compiled a few elements to consider as you start planning.
Before the wedding ceremony, there are some key things worth considering:
- Wedding rings
- Marriage License
- Wedding stationery
- Wedding outfit costs – dresses, shoes, veil/headpiece, bridal jewelry, makeup/hair/other beauty treatments
- Wedding ceremony costs – flowers, venue fees, photography, and videography, transport
- Wedding reception costs – catering, cake, entertainment, wedding souvenirs
The spending usually continues beyond the big day depending on your plans:
- The honeymoon
- Thank you notes and stamps
- Necessary accessories for a new home
The good news is that there are many ways to lower your costs without affecting the quality of the marriage ceremony.
Tips to Cut Down the Costs:
- Downsize your invitations to your nearest and dearest only.
- Plan your wedding yourself.
- Limit alcohol.
- Use fewer decorations.
- Choose a wide open space instead of a restaurant.
- Book your honeymoon and pay for it earlier.
- Order everything you need in advance.
A little creative thinking can help you spend a lot less on your wedding. The smaller your expected total cost, the less you’ll have to save for your wedding.
Financing the Wedding – Options and Tips
If you have already planned the wedding and have an idea of your wedding budget you may need to think about available options to help you finance your special day.
Here are the main ways to finance your wedding:
- Savings – this will go a long way to making your day all that it can be.
- Contributions from friends and family – ask your relatives and friends to help you with your wedding expenses instead of wedding gifts.
- Personal Loan – can be a good option for couples who have the capacity to pay it back on time.
Although a wedding is a magical and unique event, a wedding ceremony requires a lot of effort and financial means. If you decide to have a beautiful wedding day, preparing in advance is the best way to ensure you're not in debt after your special day.
If you are facing financial challenges we want you to know you are not alone. Bromwich+Smith has a number of debt relief strategies to help you regain control of your finances and get your life back on track. Reach out today for a free, confidential, no obligation consultation. Bromwich+Smith’s Debt Relief Specialists are available by phone at 1.855.884.9243, or request a call back at contact us page. We want to see you flourish!