Payroll + Benefits Administrator
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type - Permanent, Full Time
As one of the fastest growing insolvency firms in Canada, Bromwich+Smith’s goal is to help an ever-greater number of Canadians find relief from debt. We are an organization of individuals with diverse skills, interests, cultural backgrounds + opinions that strengthen our collaborative team.
The Company: We are more than just licensed insolvency trustees. We help people through some of the most emotionally challenging points in their lives and assist them in rebuilding their worth.
- We give our clients the advice, attention, and confidence to overcome financial obstacles.
- We believe in treating everyone with grace + respect.
We are looking for a permanent, full time Payroll + Benefits Administrator who will pay a key role in supporting the Human Resource team with accurate and timely processing of semi-monthly multi-provincial payroll for 100+ employees along with day to day benefits administration. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position will be responsible for coordinating, administrating and processing the company’s payroll and benefits program ensuring all employees’ salaries are paid correctly and on schedule.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for preparing and processing full cycle semi-monthly payroll for 100 + salaried employees.
- Complete manual data entry and administration of employee records; ensure employee changes are entered correctly and on a timely basis.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved employee timesheets.
- Ensure all related pay deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Perform year end payroll processing.
- Process benefit transactions for enrollment, status changes, life events and terminations.
- Administer employee benefit programs (Group Insurance, Group Savings Plan, Bus Passes)
- Reconcile group benefit employer PAD to invoices; ensure timely submission of invoices.
- Reconcile Group Savings Plan remittances to the payroll clearing account.
Reporting & Record Keeping:
- Provide pay period, month-end and ad-hoc reports.
- Maintain employee payroll and benefits records.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes in accordance with statutory requirements.
Knowledge & Skills:
- You hold a post-secondary diploma/certificate in Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources or Benefits Administration.
- You have three (3) or more years of relevant work experience in full cycle payroll and group benefits administration.
- You hold a Canadian Payroll Certification, or in progress of obtaining same.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Outlook with intermediate proficiency in Excel.
- You are proficient in automated payroll accounting programs, notable Dayforce and Ceridian.
- You have working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Great consultative, analytical and planning skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-Oriented with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to handle information with strict confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively (collaborate) in a team environment
- Integrity, Ethics & Honesty
- Relationship builder
- Positive attitude
The Location: This position based out of our new office in downtown Calgary; we are just steps from the beautiful Bow River and 2 blocks from Calgary’s c-train. As an eco-friendly company, we support our employees by offering a company paid monthly transit pass. Our employees enjoy an open workspace with ergonomic sit-stands desks.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will be part of a growing and dynamic Insolvency firm with offices in Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- We offer on the job training with an opportunity for growth and professional development.
- We offer a competitive salary with annual performance reviews, incremental increases and the opportunity to earn annual bonus for superior performance.
- We have great benefits that include wellness days, paid vacation time, and a company matching group saving program.
- We have a state-of-the-art gym in our building.
- Bromwich+Smith strives to be a steward in our communities. The firm volunteers time and resources to organizations such as the Ronald McDonald House and various other charitable causes, walks, and fund-raising activities that benefit those in need in our community.
- We are passionate about helping individuals Rebuild their Worth!
How Should You Apply?
- Send us your resume and cover letter.
- Tell us how your skills align with the minimum requirements of this position.
*We thank you for your interest in Bromwich+Smith. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.